The University of Reading started a new Architecture course in September and Hobarts were delighted to be involved in working with the University to ensure the Laser Cutter purchased would meet all of their requirements.
The University of Reading’s School of Architecture opened to students in September 2016. As a brand new School, they have been able to work alongside industry to develop an Honours degree course which will prepare students for the architectural profession of tomorrow.
The outstanding teaching and learning facilities, include a newly remodelled historic building with dedicated studio space available to use 24 hours a day. As well as valuing traditional drawing and visualisation, they place a strong emphasis on digital technologies, and students will have access to a purpose-built 3D immersive digital design environment. As well as the new laser cutting facilities provided by Hobarts.
After careful consideration the PLS6.150D – 100 Watt laser cutter was chosen. With a great bed size of 813 x 457mm, the powerful laser offers exceptional cutting power which offers fantastic versatility to the students.
PLS6.150D Platform Features
- High Reliability Digital Motors
- Laminated Safety Glass
- LCD Display
- Multiple Automatic Focusing Methods
- Multiple Language Support
- Over-temp Alarm (for fire safety)
- Permanently Sealed Bearings
- Stretch-Free Kevlar® Belts
PLS6.150D Laser Features
- Air-Cooled Laser Source
- High Reliability, Excellent Power Stability
- Laser Fan Control (to reduce noise)
- Laser Pointer
- Patented Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Patented Free-Space Gas Slab Laser Design
- Patented Pre-aligned laser sources
- Smart Laser Source Technology
- Warranty Available Up To 5 Years
- Wide Selection of Power Levels
Hobarts look forward to continue to work with and support the University of Reading in the future.
For more details on the PLS6.150D 100 watt laser cutter – Click Here
For more information on the University of Reading’s Architecture Course – Click Here