Coundon Court School

Coundon Court School work with Hobarts to purchase 2 new laser cutters

Coundon Court High School was opened in 1953, becoming a girls comprehensive school in 1956. It quickly gained a reputation for high standards that remains to this day. Over time, as the number of students at the school steadily rose, the original buildings proved to be too small and the school was extended by North and then South Block. In 2007 new Performing Arts and Post 16 Centres were completed.

 

 

 

Coundon Court have just completed work on their new school workshop and approached Hobarts for our expertise on purchasing the right laser cutters. After being given the exciting news that their workshop refurbishment had been given the green light we were thrilled to work with the school to ensure the lasers they purchased would be the most versatile and of course would fit within budget!

 

After a consultation with the department heads and a survey of the area, it was decided that 2 x VLS4.60 – 50 Watt Laser Cutters would be a great addition to the new workshop. With their fantastic bed size (610 x 457) and the ability to cut materials up to 9mm in thickness, we are sure these lasers are going to be in high demand by the students!

 

 

 

The VLS4.60 is a free-standing platform offering a spacious work area and the ability to quickly adjust laser power with Universal’s patented Rapid Reconfiguration. Designed and engineered for light manufacturing and prototyping, the VLS4.60 is a single laser platform that offers a choice of six laser cartridges ranging in power from 10 to 60 watts.

 

Laser Interface+™ and Rapid Reconfiguration™ are Uniquely Universal features that come standard on the VLS4.60, and a number of additional options are available to enhance your laser processing capabilities.

 


 

For more information about the VLS4.60 or to talk about installations contact Hobarts